Who can apply to the Court for a parenting Order?

Parenting Orders are most commonly made between the parents of a child, be that the mother and father or same sex couple. In some circumstances, there may be people other than a child’s parents who can bring an Application to the Court seeking that certain Orders be made. Any person that is concerned with the care, welfare or development of a child may make an Application to the Court for parenting Orders, including for example Orders about who the child should spend time with and how decisions should be made in respect of a child.

People that may make such an Application include grandparents, siblings, close friends, other relatives and even, in some circumstances, the child themselves. We have experience acting for all manner of parties in proceedings before the Court. If you or someone you know is concerned about a child or being prevented from spending time with a child, you should contact us immediately to discuss the options available to you.